Tuesday, April 3, 2018

SOL Tuesday -- I Would Rather






SOL Tuesday — I Would Rather


*********************
My writing today is inspired by another slicer, Aileen Hower, who wrote that she borrowed the "I would rather" idea from other slicers during the March challenge. (This was Aileen's post today: https://aileenhower.wordpress.com/2018/04/03/i-would-rather/ ).  I enjoyed reading all the other "I would rather" posts during the March SOLSC challenge --- it's such a fun way to get to know a person --- and wanted to try it myself at some point. That "some point" has become today!

So here I go!


I would rather                             Instead of


Stay up late ............................................ Get up early


Clean the bathroom ................................ Do the grocery shopping


Sing ........................................................ Dance


Take a picture ......................................... Be in a picture


Spend time in the sunshine ......................Play in the rain


Be a passenger in a car ........................... Drive a car


Drink water ............................................ Drink pop


Color with colored pencils ...................... Color with markers


Make a card for someone ....................... Buy a card for someone


Eat dinner someone else has made ......... Cook my own dinner


Go to the doctor for a checkup ............... Go to the dentist for a checkup


Wear comfortable clothes ........................ Get all dressed up


Spend a quiet evening at home ................ Go to a party


Enjoy nature outside ................................ Stay inside for long periods of time


Light a candle .......................................... Curse the darkness


:-)
*******************
JudyK  April 3, 2018


4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this format. I am going to have to try it myself next time! I agree with you on the water vs. pop for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great format! I would rather read lots of slices than do my homework today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great format ... and you do learn a lot about someone! I would rather stay at home too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this format earlier this week and loved it. I think it is a fun way to write that actually might lead to other writing ideas. I think I'd rather go to bed early that stay up late. Actually, this is a late night for me. Ha! I'd much rather do the grocery shopping than clean a bathroom. Like you, I like my quiet evenings at home. I may have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)