Wednesday, March 31, 2021

SOLSC21 - Day 31 - Reflecting On March 2021...And On To The Future!

 





Slice of Life Story Challenge 2021 -- Day 31
March 31, 2021
"Reflecting On March 2021...And On To The Future!"
*******************************************************************



           

Here we are on the last day of the 2021 Slice Of Life Story Challenge --- 31 days of writing, reading, sharing, commenting, and learning in March. It has been a fun, inspiring month, and I am so thankful to Two Writing Teachers and to all those who helped make this challenge happen this year. It has been such a pleasure to take part in this event -- the 5th year in a row for me! I enjoy reading the writings of so many wonderful people, and I am in awe of the talents that the members of the Slice Of Life writing community possess!



For the past few years of the March challenge, I have ended the last day by making a list of the titles from my slices throughout the month, forming them into a sort of poem. (Thank you to Diane Anderson [newtreemom], where I originally got the idea!)  It's always interesting to me to see the progression of my thoughts and my writing during the month, and what story the titles tell when put together.



One thing I noticed, when looking at all my titles this March, is that many of my slices this year consisted of poems and six-word memoirs. <insert light bulb flashing on over my head here>  I am realizing now that I can express myself a little more easily when I write in short spurts, phrases, or lines, rather than in long sentences and paragraphs. I've always struggled with organizing my writing; rearranging short phrases or lines is much easier for me -- and a lot less stressful -- than trying to rearrange sentences and paragraphs. Hmmmm....Even after five March challenges with Two Writing Teachers, I'm still learning a lot about myself as a writer!



I've also noticed a few themes with this March's writing. I definitely enjoy noticing and writing about the beauty of nature. I like to write about positive things, happy things, and being thankful. And, as evidenced by many of my Slice titles, I DO love to play around with words. My titles, while usually giving a hint -- or outright statement -- of my topic, are sometimes more mysterious and make you wonder until you read them. Ha! It seems that I enjoy being mischievous with my writing. 



With all that being said, here is the journey I made this March:



~*~*~*~*~

March 2021's Story




An Otomatopoeia Apology

What Is Your Favorite Song?

Cause and Effect Six-Word Stories

Six-Word Story Sequel



Sunset

Contemplating....

Ten

I'd Rather Be Lingering



Future Artifacts

Tonight's Sunset

Before 2020, 'Zoom" Was Something a Car Did



The Invader

Reading Old Posts Can Be Eye-Opening

Currently (2021 Edition)



Beauty in the Morning

Sloth-Cheetah: A Diamonte Poem

Tiny Purple Beauties



Another Six-Word Memoir

Trek Around Wal-Mart

Vernal Equinox 2021: A Haiku

That Kind of Day: A Six-Word Memoir

The Extra-Long Monday



My Preoccupied Mind: A Poem

24 Things That Make Me Happy

Depending On When You Met Me

Thankful Tonight



A Productive Spring Saturday

Invitation to the Future

Kacie's Monday Adventure

5-4-3-2-1 Enjoying Spring



Reflecting on March 2021...And On To The Future!


~*~*~*~*~




Thank you to Two Writing Teachers and everyone in the Slice Of Life writing community! I'll see you again in the future!


*********************************************
JudyK :-)  March 31, 2021

😘 Happy birthday in Heaven, Susan! We love you! 💗



6 comments:

  1. Love the poem... using color is so creative. Interesting to read your insights about your writing, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hadn't intended to be so reflective about my writing, but that just happened. Sometimes with writing, you just have to go with the flow, I guess. Thanks for your comment! :-)

      Delete
  2. Looking through your poem makes me realize that I want to go back and read more of your slices. I'm especially interested in The Extra-Long Monday, Tiny Purple Beauties, and I'd Rather Be Lingering. I love how you arranged your titles as a poem. Such a fun structure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is something how when we look at what we have written we learn something about ourselves. We have made it through the March Challenge learning from others and growing through their comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is something how when we look at what we have written we learn something about ourselves. We have made it through the March Challenge learning from others and growing through their comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun approach and an interesting way to notice themes emerging from the month. I may have to remember this as a mentor in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)