Tuesday, May 21, 2019

SOL Tuesday -- Roses Are Red




Slice of Life Tuesday -- May 21, 2019
"Roses Are Red"
*********************



Late this afternoon, as I was pulling into a gas station to refuel my car, something reminded me of a sort of a poem that I wrote long ago. I don't know what made the memory pop into my head, but there I was, thinking about it. 

It was a poem in a Mother's Day card that I made for my mom. I was maybe 10 or 12 years old, and I wanted to write a nice poem for Mom, but all I could come up with was a version of the old "Roses are red, violets are blue" ditty. Even though I thought my poem was extremely corny, I couldn't come up with anything else, so I decided to go with it. I wrote the poem in the card, and decorated the card with colorful drawings. When I gave it to Mom, she seemed to appreciate it, so I was satisfied. Mission accomplished.

The poem went something like this:

Roses are red,
Leaves are green.
You are so pretty,
You look like a queen!


👑



(I think it's safe to say that I'll never be confused with Elizabeth Barrett Browning.)

******************************
JudyK  :-)  May 21, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)