Tuesday, May 7, 2019

SOL Tuesday -- Gone Fishin






Slice of Life Tuesday -- May 7, 2019
" Gone Fishin' "
*************

"We could put signs on our doors that say 'Gone fishing'..and they'd be true!" laughed my colleague Debbie as we locked our classroom doors and made our way out of the school building this morning.

I smiled at the thought. Yes, that would indeed be true. We were headed outside -- in mid-morning on this beautifully sunny school day -- to go fishing for a few hours. But we weren't playing hooky.... We were doing this with full permission of our employer!

It sounds crazy, doesn't it?

This was just another interesting experience to add to the long list of interesting experiences I've had in the past few months, since I've started my new job. The fishing activity was one of the fun activities planned for this week, "Employee Week," at the correctional facility where I work. (Other activities include card games, basketball, volleyball, a golf driving contest, and special meals.) During Employee Week, employees are able to take part in some of the activities as their schedules allow, during their work day. Wow. Isn't that amazing?

Soooo.... Never mind that I know next to nothing about fishing. Never mind that I have never fished before. I was being given the opportunity to do something out of the ordinary while at work... and you'd better believe that I was going to take advantage of the opportunity! I was going fishing.

And I did. 

And I caught nine fish.  🐟

And I had a BLAST.  😊


******************************
JudyK  May 7, 2019


1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome catch for your first time fishing! What a delightful way to celebrate Employee Week. I can't wait to hear what else you do this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)