Tuesday, March 28, 2017

SOLSC Day 28 - My Number Story





Slice of Life Story Challenge --
Day 28  #SOL17
My Number Story







**************************
1 - The number of cats that currently live in my house. His name is Floyd (named after Pink Floyd) and he is all black, ornery, and about 15 years old.

2 - The number of left feet that I have. I'm not very coordinated.

3 - The number of sons that I have. They are grown now, all in their 30's.  3 is also the number of grandsons that I have; their ages are 13, 6, and 4.

4 - The number of granddaughters that I have. Their ages are 11, 9, almost 8, and 2.

5 - The number of children in my family when I was growing up. I was the middle child, with one older brother and sister, and one younger brother and sister.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the five of us.

6 - The number of letters in my full first name, Judith. I've been called by my nickname, Judy, all my life. But I went through a phase when I was about seven years old where I insisted that everyone call me Judith. Nobody ever remembered to do it, and eventually I gave up.

7 - The number of grandchildren that I currently have. All seven are the children of my oldest son and his wife.  (Yes, seven children all in one family, all theirs. They're a wonderful, beautiful family.)

8 - The number of saucers in my set of ceramic dishes. I bought this set of dishes for myself, after my marriage ended. It was the first set of dishes I had ever bought on my own.

9 - The number of handmade ribbon & bead Christmas ornaments that I have left over from the ones I made as gifts last Christmas. They will become gifts for other people later this year.

10 - The number (as of the end of this week) of special needs 3rd grade students that I work with at my afternoon school. It's a lot of students to fit into each afternoon, but they're great kids and I love 'em.

Too many to count - The number of baskets that I have in my house. Some are Longaberger baskets (Is anyone outside of Ohio familiar with those?), some are decorative, and some are storage baskets. They're all kinds of shapes and sizes.

This basket is in the shape of a barn, in honor of the Bicentennial Barns that Ohio had in 2003.

Also too many to count - The number of bells that I have. I've been collecting bells since I was about sixteen or so. My older sister gave me my first bell, a metal bell that she brought me from a trip to Florida. Each of my bells has its own story.
Two of my more recent bells: From Minnesota in 2016 when I visited my sister Cathy; from Newport, Rhode Island when my cousin MarySue and I visited my brother Mike & sister-in-law Cecilia in New England in 2015.


And that's my story for today!

:-)
*******************
JudyK  March 28, 2017

                     

    








5 comments:

  1. This is such a great format for letting us get to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list - I'm glad to get to know you better. The only time I was called Judith, was when my Mother was mad at me! Yes, I have heard of and own quite a few Longaberger baskets and have been to the factory twice. And I, too have a bell collection (although I haven't added to it for a while. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - you can tell that your family is very important to you! Bless you for sharing, and bless that son with kids ages 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 11, 13!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have too many to count baskets too! So funny about your left over ribbon ornaments. Great post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great format for sharing bits of yourself. I especially loved the story of how you tried to get people to call you Judith!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)