Tuesday, March 19, 2019

SOL 2019 -- Day 19 -- Thank Goodness for Spring Breaks!





Slice of Life story challenge, March 2019
Day 19 -- "Thank Goodness for Spring Breaks!"
**************



Earlier this morning, this photo collage, made from photos I took a year ago today, popped up on my phone. It immediately brought a smile to my face, and warmed my heart.


I remember that day one year ago -- Monday March 19, 2018.  I was on Spring Break, and I took a hike at a nearby metro park on that morning, knowing that it would be one of the few chances I would have for semi-decent weather that week. The upper left photo in the collage is a picture I took along the walking path. There were no leaves on trees yet, and the grass hadn't greened up yet, so the park was still mostly wearing its winter brown color. But the sky was a beautiful blue that day, and the sun was shining, and I embraced the sunshine and enjoyed that hike for all it was worth. That morning was peaceful and refreshing; it renewed my spirit and soothed my soul.

After the hike, I came home and took some pictures of my crocus flowers which were in full bloom in the flower bed by my front porch; those are the other pictures in the collage. Those beautiful little purple flowers cheer me up and lift my spirits every time I see them. My mood is lifted now, just looking at this picture collage!

A year has come and gone since then, and I am once again on Spring Break. It's a respite from a different job this year, but it's still a welcomed break from my normal routine. I'm looking out the window right now, and once again am seeing sunshine and some blue skies. As I remember last year's spirit-lifting hike, and knowing that spring now is right around the corner, I am again full of joy and ready to take on whatever the future sends me.

Ahhhh, thank goodness for Spring Breaks. Onward I go!

********************************
JudyK  :-)   March 19, 2019

2 comments:

  1. Our spring break is always near the start of March, with snow still on the ground... I love that you have the flowers to remind you of the actual spring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, spring comes a lot earlier for you in Ohio than it does for us in Maine. I always love to see the pictures that slicers post so I can feel some hope!Being out in nature sure renews my soul, too. I hope this spring break is rejuvenating for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)