Monday, March 25, 2019

SOL 2019 -- Day 25 -- An Inspiration and Some Helicopters




SOL story challenge, March 2019
Day 25 -- "An Inspiration and Some Helicopters" 
*****************************


The quote below was the inspiration posted on the Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Story Challenge today. I am posting it here on my blog because this quote spoke to me with such a loud voice that I couldn't ignore it, even if I had wanted to. After I experienced somewhat of a writing crisis over the weekend, when I read this quote this morning... well, it was as if this person were talking directly to me. I could absolutely be the writer being referred to in this quote! So...I am posting it here in my blog, so that I can refer back to it the next time I doubt myself. Because I know myself, and I know that there most likely will be a next time.  :-)
             



And now, with that said, here is the writing which I had intended to post when I got onto my laptop this morning...before I was distracted by that quote. ;-)  It's a poem which I wrote yesterday, after movement in the skies outside my living room window caught my attention. 



The Helicopters

Six helicopters
Flying by...
Two by
Two by
Two.

Military helicopters
In training exercises...
Two by
Two by
Two.

Heading back
To the Air Force base...
Two by
Two by
Two.

Weekend training over,
Flying done...
Home.
Home.
Home.


************************
JudyK  :-)  March 25, 2019


10 comments:

  1. Always fun with what inspires us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Tammy, this challenge shows us all kinds of inspirations, doesn't it? And that really does make it fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the repetition in your poem. You created a beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post demonstrates TWO times exactly what writers do -- they take inspiration from the world around them. (First, with the SOL quote and then with the helicopters.) It also demonstrates that writers keep writing, which I'm glad you did. Great post!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shape of this poem with the line breaks actually looks like a helicopter landing! Nothing like going home. I'm so glad you are continuing to write!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Military helicopters and planes ... I saw many come and go during years when I was a military wife. Seeing them come home was best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great poem, Judy! I'm glad you shared it. I enjoyed reading it, and I agree with Leigh Anne. It does look like a helicopter landing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quote really is perfect, isn't it? I snapped a photo of it to keep nearby, too. Terrific poem, and I concur that it looks like a helicopter landing. I had missed that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the repetition (I missed the helicopter landing image, but went back to look and yes, it looks exactly like a helicopter landing.) Love those three final words: "Home. Home. Home."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I did not realize you could see the helicopters from your house. -Rosanna

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)