Sunday, March 24, 2019

SOL 2019 -- Day 24 -- Grateful Follow-up Letter to the SOL Writing Community






Slice of Life story challenge, March 2019
Day 24 -- Grateful Follow-up Letter to the SOL Writing Community
***********************



Dear Slice of Life Writers,

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to those of you who gave me feedback yesterday! I was confused and didn't really know where I stood in this writing community; you helped immensely to clarify things for me and show me the mistakes I was making. Your thoughtful questions, suggestions, guidance, and recommendations were truly helpful and will assist me in becoming a better writer and blogger. 

Special thanks to Kathryn,  Leigh Anne Eck,  Tracy,  Elisa,  Jen at TeachWrite,  Tracy Vogelgesang,  On a Thought,  Angela Faulhaber,  ChristieWyman,   JenniferFloyd,  Heidi,  Ramona,  aggiekesler, and  Elisabeth Ellington.... I so appreciate your help!

With much gratitude,
JudyK  :-)



***********************
JudyK  :-)  March 24, 2019

9 comments:

  1. Glad I could help! Keep writing, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By luck, I came to this post, so, of course, I had to go back and read your post from yesterday and a couple of your earlier posts (I love the equation poem!) So many people left comments yesterday, but I'm going to reply here. This is my second time participating in the March SOL, and I, too, have had days when my writing has gone unread (though not for 8 days straight.) I tell myself that I'm writing for myself, but getting feedback from others makes writing much less lonely. I wondered how it is that some people regularly get more than 10 comments when others are lucky to get one. Do they know these people outside of SOL? I hope it's just due to the luck of when I post (which this year has been all over the place.) On the plus side, this experience has made me realize how important it is for my own students to have daily time to share their writing and hear what others think. I hope you keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome, Judy. I am so glad you spoke up! We are here for you and in this together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Judy, It was your courageous post to reach out to the community that raised our awareness. We've all been where you stood and can empathize. I always feel guilty that I can't get to more slicers and I'm sorry you had such a rough experience. I hope you feel the support now. Keep writing, we are all in this together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Judy! I am inspired by your honest and courageous post yesterday. As Christie said above, we are here for you! Keep writing and we'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you continued to write again today. Cara brings up a very important point. Many of my commenters are people with whom I have built a relationship over the years, not only with TWT but also with Twitter and Facebook. I was reluctant to use Facebook, so I only use social media for professional development. But this has taken years to nurture these relationships. I hope you continue to write and share your sharing throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it was helpful, and grateful for your letter that raised awareness for this problem, which I know is one many slicers experience (especially 2nd and 3rd yr slicers). It really does take a long time to build that audience. Reading Cara's and Leigh Anne's comments here makes me want to write more about the question of audience!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)