Friday, March 22, 2019

SOL 2019 -- Day 22 -- The Visit (A Haiku)






Slice of Life story challenge, March 2019
Day 22 -- "The Visit (A Haiku)"
************************************



Today, I went back to visit the elementary school where I had been teaching until just before Christmas. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with my former coworkers, and spending time (I visited the school for 5 hours!) with my former students. It was a great day! I wrote a Haiku to celebrate -- 




The Visit (A Haiku):

Catching up with friends
and getting countless hugs from
little people: Joy!




*******************************
JudyK :-)  March 22, 2019

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than hugs from little people. I teach 6th graders, and hugging becomes gross by then! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This haiku is so true! I'm glad you got to visit. The hugs form little ones, and catching up with friends sound like the perfect day to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This haiku put a smile on my face. I love reconnecting with people and feeling that sense of warmth and joy. I'll bet it meant as much to your former students as it did to you! Perfect haiku!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)