Monday, March 23, 2020

SOL20 Day 23 - Yesterday's Noticings
















Slice of Life Story Challenge 2020 -- Day 23
March 23, 2020
"Yesterday's Noticings"
***************************************
**********************



Yesterday's Noticings


During my walk around my neighborhood yesterday, I observed many things, and I managed to get pictures of some of them. I saw a robin which had just grabbed a worm from a puddle in the street, and I would have loved to have gotten a picture of him with the worm dangling out of his mouth, but he was too fast for me. (Concerned that I would steal the worm from him, I'm sure...[Umm, yum?]...he flew away quickly.)

I also sat on the glider on my front porch for a while, and observed things there. I walked around in my back yard, looking and listening. I sat on a swing in my backyard for a long time, breathing in the fresh air and noticing. All in all, I spent several hours outside, being observant. It was so very wonderful to see all the life around me!

Here is a bit of what I saw:



I looked high


 
View from my front porch glider          View from my back yard swing






and low


 
Crocus blooming               My shadow




  
Purple wildflower? Weed?                         Dog tracks in the mud


 
Kacie hears a nearby dog barking.               A "Glory-of-the-Snow" blooming in my yard?




and all around.


  
One corner of my back yard               Nearby metro park land





As I looked at some things that I had noticed on my previous walk around the neighborhood, I saw how they had changed.



   
Flooded ditch along the entrance to the water plant            Much less water in the ditch...and much nicer skies!



I observed and I marveled, and I noticed and I wondered.


It was a lovely way to look at life.


:-)
**********************************
JudyK   March 23, 2020



5 comments:

  1. Love your slice and your pictures! I think we're all noticing things we never did before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the parallel between "I observed and I marveled, I noticed and I wondered." That's a great line. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy -- I appreciate the compliment! :-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your observations and your walk!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)