Friday, March 13, 2020

SOL20 Day 13 - Calm And Comforting






















Slice of Life Story Challenge 2020 -- Day 13
March 13, 2020
"Calm and Comforting"
***************************************


This is such a time of uncertainty right now. Pandemics, emergencies, cancellations, shortages....People are nervous, confused, panicked, sad. In this tumultuous period, I am trying to focus on positive things. So...since today is Friday the 13th, I want to fly in the face of tradition, and call it a lucky day! And in honor of lucky Friday the 13th, I made a list of 13 words that I think are calm and comforting. (I think most of us need a little of that right now!) Here is my list:



Calm & Comforting

tranquil

peace

snuggle

cozy

serene

soothing

family

hush

restful

smooth

gentle

soft

home



Are you feeling a bit more relaxed? Just for good measure, I'm adding another picture of my crocuses which bloomed yesterday:


Enjoy! :-)
**********************************
JudyK   March 13, 2020



13 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this! This was just the posted I needed to read tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are definitely words I needed to read tonight! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you formatted the words to add to their appeal. This is exactly what I needed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent antidote to the uncertainty raining down on us at the moment. For each word I find a positive connection I can make and reading the list becomes a giant exhale, if only for a moment. That's a lot! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this list of calming words. I love that you ended on the word "home." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the crocuses! I found baking muffins to be calming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, muffins would have been a good word for my list! I wish I would have thought of it. Thanks, Rosanna. :-) ~Aunt Judy

      Delete
  7. I adore your list! I breathed easier just reading it. My faves - snuggle, gentle, cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)