Tuesday, March 3, 2020

SOL20 Day 3 - Appreciating Tuesday





















Slice of Life Story Challenge 2020 -- Day 3
March 3, 2020
"Appreciating Tuesday"
***************************************


Yesterday was Monday, and it was a gloomy day. It was gloomy in the weather department, and in the mood department too. There were so many cranky people at school (which is actually fairly typical for a Monday) that it was very difficult not to be grumpy right along with them. I managed to keep from joining the ranks of the cranky, but I couldn't escape the tiredness that often accompanies Monday. I was relieved to go to bed at the end of Monday, and was looking forward to the dawn of a new day. I just knew that today would be better somehow. 

Well, today WAS somewhat better. The weather was gloomy again, but toward the end of the school day, the rain and clouds gave way to sunshine. There didn't seem to be QUITE as much grouchiness around, and I saw fewer behavior problems today from some of the students than I saw yesterday. Yay for all that! It made me start thinking, and I realized that there were probably a LOT of good things that happened today. It was time for me to sit down and reflect, and to really appreciate this Tuesday. It was time to ask myself, what was good about today? What should I be thankful for?

Here is what I came up with:

Appreciating Tuesday

Time for planning lessons
Umbrellas put away
Eating lunch in the company of colleagues
Smiles from students
Dampness disappearing
A smooth commute home
Yellow sun in the afternoon sky!
😎


**********************************
JudyK  March 3, 2020





2 comments:

  1. The "ranks of the cranky"!- Love it!! Also love the juxtaposition of T-U-E-S-D-A-Y compared to your description of Monday. What a good lesson, too- not to take those little things for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can always find something to appreciate about a day, no matter how small, right? Thanks! :-)

      Delete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)