Monday, March 30, 2020

SOL20 Day 30 - Lessons Learned...And A Thank You!

















Slice of Life Story Challenge 2020 -- Day 30
March 30, 2020
"Lessons Learned...And A Thank You!"
***************************************
**********************


Earlier today, I was thinking about this 2020 Slice of Life challenge which we'll be wrapping up tomorrow. Life is so different now than it was at the beginning of this challenge on March 1...and it's still changing. It's all been so surreal.

As I was reflecting, I was thinking about all the lessons I've learned during this challenge. I decided to write them down:


Lessons Learned from SOLSC 2020


Stories happen anywhere and everywhere

Learning never stops, even during pandemics

If we all help each other, we can accomplish great things

Communication is essential for human beings

Every person has to accept that we have a new normal



Old dogs CAN learn new tricks --- In my case, distance learning ;-)

Friends are friends, even when physically apart



Loved ones are our most valuable treasures

It's important to remember that we are all in this together

Finding a way to practice self-care is crucial

Even in times of a world-wide crisis, life does go on



I'm going to be sorry to see this year's challenge end; I'm always sorry, every year, when it ends! But this year, the ending will be even harder because we've come through so much together during this one. The support from the SOLSC writing community has been invaluable in helping many of us to preserve our sanity during such a crazy time. I am very thankful to the Two Writing Teachers website for giving me and all my fellow slicers the opportunity to create and connect.      Thank you, everyone! :-)



*******************************************
JudyK  :-)  March 30, 2020






4 comments:

  1. Phew! Every one of these lines is hugely true. And something we are all living every single day. This definitely has been a unique year for Slicing. And I love the format you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! Every one of these lines is hugely true. And something we are all living every single day. This definitely has been a unique year for Slicing. And I love the format you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is such a rich and thoughtful acrostic with so many important observations and lessons learned. I agree that it's even harder than usual to say goodbye to the slice challenge because I have come to depend on the predictable routine of slicing every day and the community and connection of reading and commenting on other slices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very nice testimony to the SOLSC project and its community. I also like the way you reflected on this unusual season. Let's hope we learn some lessons from it! =)
    Until next year, maybe?! Adieu!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)