Tuesday, March 17, 2020

SOL20 Day 17 - The Crunch Time Caper
















Slice of Life Story Challenge 2020 -- Day 17
March 17, 2020
"The Crunch Time Caper"
****************************************************************************




It was Tuesday March 17, 2020. It was an overcast, chilly morning in Central Ohio. My boss is Miss X. My partner -- well, I didn't have a partner; I was on this caper alone. My name is Judy.

It was 9:51 AM. I quickly stepped out of my car.

"I feel like a drug dealer," the red-headed woman said as she hurried toward me, carrying four small colorful boxes. "I've been meeting people in all kinds of places to sell these!"

We both laughed as I accepted the boxes and handed her the money. I could hardly wait to get home and indulge.

It was Day 1 of my School Shutdown, and I hadn't planned to go anywhere. The Covid-19 virus was keeping more and more people in their homes. But urgent business had forced me to leave my house, if only for a short while. It was crunch time! I had to meet up with my supplier; it was the only way for me to get the fix that I so desperately needed.

I hopped back into my car, drove out of the parking lot, and happily made my way over country roads back to my home. This is going to be a good day, I thought, as I placed the boxes on my kitchen counter. I was beginning to drool a little in anticipation. Yes, a good day, indeed!







😉 😋
**************************************************************************
JudyK   March 17, 2020 ~ Happy St. Patrick's Day!




10 comments:

  1. JUdy,
    Thank you for supporting the Girl Scouts in your quest for cookies. We all thank you. Our girls can do cookie grams and send them off to someone special. Our troop leader will deliver them. We are in northeast Ohio. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Here in central Ohio, the Girl Scouts had to discontinue their cookie booths outside stores & businesses, due to the virus. The "red-haired woman" I met up with is a teacher/friend I used to work with and is also a mom of a girl scout; she is selling the cookies for other troops who have lots of inventory they need to sell, which is hard to do without the booth sales. My friend is trying to help the other troops out...so nice of her! And I needed the cookies. :-)

      Delete
  2. Well written. You made me curious as to what you were getting. Cookies! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how you wrote the transaction. At first I thought you were buying face masks-nope, only Girl Scout cookies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this!! Enjoy your goods!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I AM enjoying them! Glad you liked my story :-)

      Delete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)