Saturday, March 13, 2021

SOLSC21 - Day 13 - Reading Old Posts Can Be Eye-Opening

 










\


Slice of Life Story Challenge 2021 -- Day 13
March 13, 2021
"Reading Old Posts Can Be Eye-Opening"
**********************************************************************



A few days ago, I was thinking that I wanted to write a "Currently" piece and then compare it to Currently posts which I had made in past SOLSC March challenges. I thought that it could be fun to see similarities and differences, and I was actually really enthused about the idea.

I didn't end up writing a new Currently piece that day, but somehow I DID end up reading some of my writings from last year, when the pandemic was just beginning to hit the U.S. And I came across a "Currently" that I wrote on March 14, 2020.... As of tomorrow, that will have been exactly one year ago.

My, how things have changed in that year!

As I was reading that post from 2020, I was finding it mildly interesting. But when I got to the "Planning" section of the post, my jaw dropped.

This is what I had written:

"Planning: a road trip to Rhode Island with my cousin MarySue in June. We'll be visiting my younger brother and his wife. I'm hoping that life will be back to normal by then, and we'll be able to make our trip as planned!"

Wow. 

How naive I was in the early days of the pandemic, thinking that life could be completely back to normal in a few months! Never having lived through a pandemic before, of course, I had no way of knowing what a long haul we were all in for. In March of last year, none of us knew what was going to happen, or how much our lives would change.

And now here we are, a year later, and our lives are still not back to normal. We are hoping that we might get back to some sort of normalcy sometime this year, thanks to the vaccine which is now being used, but we really don't know. We can only wait, and hope.

And hope, I do. MarySue and I are once again planning that same trip for later this summer.

I've got my fingers crossed!


********************************************************

JudyK  :-)   March 13, 2021


2 comments:

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)