Saturday, March 6, 2021

SOLSC21 - Day 6 - Contemplating....

 













Slice of Life Story Challenge 2021 -- Day 6
March 6, 2021
"Contemplating...."
**********************************************************************



One week ago....

One week ago, I received my 2nd dose of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine. It was a happy day for me! It was chance to possibly begin traveling a road toward somewhat normal life again. It was a step toward fulfilling the hope that I had had for so long, a hope for a life where I could once again hug my grandchildren and visit with friends and sit next to my students in classrooms.

A year ago....

A little over a year ago, Covid-19 first blasted into the lives of people in one nation and then spread to every nation in the world. It's been an exhausting year of suffering and death, of wearing masks and staying six feet apart, of shutdowns and loss. None of us could have ever imagined all of what has occurred in this past year. None of us could have ever predicted how much our lives would have changed, and for how long. 

Now....

But now the hope that we have clung to for such a long time may actually be starting to become reality. We may actually be starting to see the beginning of the end of this pandemic. I believe that we still have a ways to go, and that we still must be patient because the end isn't here just yet. But eventually the end will come. It WILL come, I believe that.

Some day....

Some day, our hope will become joy.





***************************************************
JudyK  :-)   March 6, 2021




8 comments:

  1. "It will come" are words we must believe. I am anxiously awaiting for that joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the hopeful note at the end of your timeline. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll get through this, I'm sure. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :-)

      Delete
  3. I just got my second dose too. Can't wait for a little more normalcy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It'll be so great when things are more like what they used to be. :-)

      Delete
  4. Second dose done! And tomorrow marks my two week point. We are actually planning a trip to see son and family. "Our hope will become joy." Love these words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ramona!
      I've got another week to go before I can maybe relax a little and spend some time with my children and grandchildren. We'll see.... :-)

      Delete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)