Sunday, March 7, 2021

SOLSC21 - Day 7 - Ten

 













Slice of Life Story Challenge 2021 -- Day 7
March 7, 2021
"Ten "
**********************************************************************



Ten.

The first double digit number, it comes after 9 and before 11. 

10.

What a good number 10 is. Sturdy and reliable. It is the basis for our number system, so it's a pretty important number. It's a significant number for me right now, too, because it's the number of grandchildren I currently have. Today I realized that it's been a long time since I've mentioned in my blog the number of grandchildren that I have, and I really need to mention it, because the number is different from when I wrote in the March challenge last year.

I have ten grandchildren. Ten wonderful, beautiful, each-unique-in-their-own-way grandchildren. And they all come from the same family; they all belong to my oldest son Andy and his wife Kathleen. (Yes, Andy and Kathleen have ten children. Andy and Kathleen are unique themselves!)

The youngest three grandchildren don't know me very well because they haven't seen much of me in the past two years -- first, because I was temporarily living a little farther away from them, then because Covid-19 caused our separation. (And because the youngest was born just three and a half months ago!) I hope to remedy that situation at some point during this year, when the threat of Covid is less of a problem and we can all get together again. When that happens, look out, grandkids! I'll be spending so much time with them that they'll all be getting tired of me. 😉

The oldest of the grandchildren is Ross. Then there are three girls in a row: Leanna, Abigail, and Madeline. After that come two more boys: Wyatt and Jayden. Then there are four more girls: Hazel, Amelia, Colette, and Willow. 

So, if you were counting, I have seven granddaughters and three grandsons. Seven plus three equals ten.

10

What a beautiful number 10 is!


***************************************************
JudyK (Grandma)  :-)   March 7, 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)