Monday, March 15, 2021

SOLSC21 - Day 15 - Beauty in the Morning












\


Slice of Life Story Challenge 2021 -- Day 15
March 15, 2021
"Beauty in the Morning "

**********************************************************************







We had a spectacular sunrise this morning! Maggie David captured this picture soon after sunrise started, on the drive home after dropping me off at school. 

I watched the beautiful sunrise from inside a classroom at school, where I was covering for a teacher who was out with a sick daughter. I considered trying to get some pictures myself, through the classroom windows, but the windows were too filthy for photography. So I just enjoyed the view instead...along with a couple of students who got interested in it because of my exclamations. 

It was the kind of sunrise that lit up all the clouds in the sky. My view was to the north, northeast, and northwest ...and there was pink EVERYwhere! Then it all gradually turned to orange and yellow. It was one of the best sunrises I've seen in a long time!

I'm grateful that I had the chance to notice and appreciate it. What a beautiful way to start a school day!

:-)


*************************************************
JudyK  :-)  March 15, 2021


8 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful sunrise, and a wonderful way to start what must be an early school day. I loved the line "along with a couple of students who got interested in it because of my exclamations."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do start early, unfortunately....but at least it gives me a chance to see sunrises! :-)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful photo! And I love that you decided not to try for a photo--just to sit and enjoy. It sounds like a centering, grounding way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a nice way to start the day, thanks. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  3. Your final sentence pulls it all together so well. This kind of beauty, rare as it is, makes the heart a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wonderful way of putting it! Thanks for your comment. :-)

      Delete
  4. I rarely see the sun rise anymore, but whenever I have the chance to witness it, I relish in it. Starting the day with a beautiful sunrise truly changes the trajectory of the day and makes me more appreciative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're exactly right, Stacey! It made the day start on a beautiful note. :-)

      Delete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)