Friday, March 19, 2021

SOLSC21 - Day 19 - Trek Around Wal-Mart

 










\

Slice of Life Story Challenge 2021 -- Day 19
March 19, 2021
"Trek Around Wal-Mart"
**************************************************



During the past year, my daughter-in-law Kathleen has become interested in house plants. She has gone from having no plants in the house, to having something like fifteen now. She says that they make her happy, and I totally understand that. In the same way that seeing blooming flowers lifts up my spirits, having beautiful green plants in the house lifts up hers.

At some point, Kathleen's enthusiasm started rubbing off on her children. Many of them now have plants of their own that they take care of and admire.



    
Some of Kathleen's -- and the family's -- house plants



Today Kathleen relayed a story to me about a trip she made a few days ago, to Wal-Mart with daughter M (who is 11):


 
"The other day while A was at practice, M and I went to Wal-Mart. She saw a palm tree and wanted me to buy it. I told her we really didn't need one. She insisted we did.


"I told her if she could carry it the whole time in Wal-Mart and take care of it, she could have it. I purposely walked around in Wal-Mart for 45 minutes, thinking she would give in....





"Nope. We now own a palm tree."



😁






***************************************
JudyK   :-)  March 19, 2021



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)