Tuesday, March 2, 2021

SOLSC21 - Day 2 - What Is Your Favorite Song?

 













Slice of Life Story Challenge 2021 -- Day 2
March 2, 2021
"What Is Your Favorite Song?"
**********************************************************************



What is your favorite song? That's a question which I was thinking about today.

When people are trying to get to know one another, they frequently ask each other questions such as: What is your favorite color? What is your favorite food? What is your favorite movie, book, TV show? I usually have an answer for each of those questions, but when it comes to a favorite song, that's where I have difficulty. 

I tend to like uplifting songs best. But do you know just how many beautiful, meaningful, uplifting songs there are in this world? There are so many that could hold the title of "Favorite Song" for me that I really can't pin it down to just one. So I guess it depends upon the day that I am asked....and today when I was thinking about favorite songs, the one that sprang to my mind first was "What a Wonderful World."

"What a Wonderful World" is a song written by George David Weiss and Robert Thiele, and was sung by Louis Armstrong in 1967. Its lyrics are honest and simple, yet uplifting and inspiring. The lyrics are about really noticing the beauty that is in the world...which is one of my favorite things to do. I love the fact that in this song Louis Armstrong -- with his deep, gruff, gravely voice -- is singing about roses and babies and people loving each other; the contrast of the voice and the sentiment make me smile. It's just absolutely beautiful.

These are the lyrics to my favorite song...my favorite for today, at least....


What a Wonderful World


I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and for you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue
And clouds of white
The bright blessed day
The dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow
So pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces
Of people going by

I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying
"I love you"

I hear babies cry
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
Than I'll ever know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Ohh yeah


Louis Armstrong


****************************************
JudyK  :-)   March 2, 2021











4 comments:

  1. The instant I started reading the words, I could hear Louis Armstrong's voice. Amazing, isn't it? And it is a wonderful world. (I wonder when we'll shake hands again!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His voice was unique and beautiful. :-)
      I've been thinking about the shaking of hands, too. Will we ever go back to it? Time will tell....

      Delete
  2. How excited am I to stop by your blog?! This is such a great song, Judy. As I was reading through the lyrics (with the tune in my head), I was struck by the truth in the words. Even in this pandemic year which has been a bit tough, there has been so much wonderful. I'm not sure that I can share a particular favorite song. Like you, I think it would be different depending upon the day you asked. My iPhone music is like a hot mess mix of decades, genres, and artists. Hmmm, just one song? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Cathy! Even though this pandemic year has been a LOT tough, there has been so much wonderful. Sometimes we just have to look a little harder to see it. ;-)
    Thanks for stopping by! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)