Sunday, March 14, 2021

SOLSC21 - Day 14 - Currently (2021 Edition)

 









\


Slice of Life Story Challenge 2021 -- Day 14
March 14, 2021
"Currently (2021 Edition)"

**********************************************************************


Yesterday, I wrote about my "Currently" slice from March 14 during the 2020 SOLSC. Exactly a year later, today I am writing my current "Currently" and I'm thinking that I might start a new tradition. How interesting would it be to write a "Currently" every single year on the same date -- March 14 -- and have those posts to compare from year to year? What similarities would there be? What differences? How will my interests and habits have changed? In what ways will I have grown?

Yes, I like the idea! And so...a new tradition is born, starting now:



Currently, I am...


Reading:  The Woman in Cabin 10, by Ruth Ware. I actually started the book a few months ago and only read four chapters before I got too busy with other things and stopped reading. Now that I am almost finished writing IEP's for this school year, maybe I'll have time to get back to it soon.


Watching: CBS Sunday Morning on tv. The program always has interesting stories, with so much to teach us about people and life and the world. Jane Pauley, whose work I've admired for decades, is a wonderful host. At this moment, Melissa nd Doug (both the toy company and the real-life couple) are being featured in a fascinating story.


Eating: Cinnamon Life cereal for my breakfast. 


Drinking: milk with my breakfast. I've been a milk drinker my entire life. Most adults that I know don't care for milk, but I do. Nothing else goes better with cereal, or chocolate chip cookies, or a piece of cake.


Loving: my family and friends from afar. Covid-19 is still keeping us apart, but not for too much longer. Now that I am fully vaccinated, and my two-week wait-until-you-reach-your-full-immunity-potential period ended yesterday, I plan to spend much more time visiting with them. What a sweet thing to have to look forward to!


Appreciating: the sunshine of this morning and the blue sky I see out my window.

Wishing: the same thing that everyone is wishing -- that this pandemic will come to an end soon!


Planning: a road trip to Rhode Island with my cousin MarySue in late July, to visit my younger brother and his wife. It is the same trip which we had planned to take last summer, but had to cancel because of Covid-19. I'm pretty sure that life won't be back to normal yet by July, but hopefully it will be "normal" enough that we can make our trip and enjoy some family time!

And that's ME, currently, in 2021.
:-)
**************************************************
JudyK :-)   March 14, 2021

2 comments:

  1. Love this structure. May our collective wishes come true sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "Currently" format is fun, isn't it? I love to read the ones that others write. :-)
      Really hoping that your wish comes true!

      Delete

Comments are welcomed, and very much appreciated! :-)